Established in 2006, Fauna Solutions is an Australian fauna consultancy with extensive experience in the gas, mining and construction industries. With bases in Brisbane, Chinchilla, Weipa and Perth, we specialise in the undertaking of fauna surveys and monitoring, developing fauna management plans and strategies, providing experienced fauna spotter/catchers and koala spotters, aquatic fauna management including dewatering, habitat creation (including nest box installations) and pest management.
Our Permits, Insurances and Systems
Fauna Solutions ensure that all relevant permits, authorisations and approvals are in place prior to each project. These include -
• Damage Mitigation Permit
• Rehabilitation Permit with Spotter/Catcher Endorsement
• Scientific Users Permit
• DAFF Animal Ethics Approval
Our management plans have been developed in accordance with:
• ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems;
• ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems; and,
• ISO 4801:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management systems.
These are standards, set by the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) and The Occupational Health and Safety Advisory Services (OHSAS) Project Group.
To comply with our commitment to continual improvement in all three areas listed above, Fauna Solutions developed the following policies.
• Quality policy statement;
• Environmental policy statement;
• Sustainable policy statement; and,
• Health and safety policy statement.
Fauna Solutions maintain $20,000,000 public liability insurance, $2,000,000 professional indemnity insurance and appropriate WorkCover insurance.